Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Laundry Room Makeover

Just stopping by today to share my quick laundry room makeover.


As you can see, it was a dark, dusty place to do laundry. 

It's a decent sized room but we didn't have a need for a 2nd fridge or freezer so the space across from the washer and dryer was wasted space. This got me thinking about what I could do to better utilize this space and that's when I decided to give the room a little makeover.

Here is what I used in my makeover:
*Benjamin Moore "Stem Green" Paint Tester - FREE!*
*Ikea Expedit - $39.99
*Ikea curtain panel (left over from our bedroom curtains) - FREE!
*Curtain Rod left over from old apartment - FREE!
*Shower Curtain Rod - $12
*Framed Laundry Printable - $7 (see my Affordable Wall Decor post)

*(We originally bought the Stem Green as an option for the game room but ended up going with another green color. I liked the color so much I knew I wanted to use it somewhere in the house. The tester is real paint and comes in eggshell so after testing out your wall color, you can actually use the testers for small areas. Yay, Benjamin Moore!)

Here is my new laundry room:


I now have a folding table (Ikea Expedit), a place to hang clothes and a little decor!

A few things I'd love to do to the laundry room later on:

*Tile the floor in that gorgeous dark faux wood tile you can see in the top right pic.
*Add the Stain Guide Printable
*Paint the cabinets white
*Change the light fixture from a dome to a chandelier ;)

Still plenty to do but it's definitely a brighter, happier, more efficiently used space now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik

VigLink badge