Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Curtain Rod Art

Just stopping by to share one of my favorite art pieces in our master bedroom.




I don't know why it's my favorite but it seems more romantic than the typical wall hanging and I'm all about romanticizing our new bedroom! 

Here's what you'll need to make your own:

1 - spool of your favorite ribbon
1 - curtain rod (mine is from Ikea)
3 - lightweight frames (I chose 2 small frames & 1 larger frame, cheap ones from Michaels)
1 - hot glue gun

Step 1: Decide how you want your frames to hang on the curtain rod. 
I decided I wanted the two small frames to hang a bit higher and the larger frame to hang a bit lower, but this is one of those projects that you could do whatever looks right to you.

Step 2: Measure your ribbon accordingly and cut.
You'll want to make sure you measure the ribbon for your two smaller frames exactly the same or they won't hang at the same height from your curtain rod. 

Step 3: Use your hot glue gun to glue both ends of your ribbon to the back of the frame so that you are making a loop with your ribbon.




As you can see, the back doesn't have to look pretty.

Step 4: Hang the curtain rod and hang your frames on the rod.




Easy peasy! The great thing about this project is that you can change out your frames or the ribbon to create a new look without making new holes in the wall! So many possibilities!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik

VigLink badge