I can't really claim this idea but I'm married to the handsome guy that came up with it and I helped spray paint, so I feel like I contributed.
We have one small hallway in our house, it leads from the kitchen to the half bath, laundry room and formal dining room. It gets quite a bit of use and is seen by all of our guests, but never gets any love (art, decor, etc). So Chris had the idea to extend the chair rail he was hanging in the formal dining room to the hallway. What a difference it makes!
If you have a miter saw or miter box, it's quite easy to do. Chris carefully measured everything out, made 45 degree angle cuts to the chair rail. We saved time by spray painting the chair rail after it was cut and before he hung it. (It's much easier to spray paint chair rail before it's attached to the wall than paint it after it's attached to the wall.) He then used a little construction glue, a level, and a nail gun to hang it. After hanging it, he calked the gaps with some paintable calk and touched up with our hallway paint color, Edgecomb Gray (see our paint colors here). It looks AMAZING and took just a couple hours!
I can't wait to share our formal dining room update too - coming soon!
Monday, September 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment