Friday, July 18, 2014

My Hospital Bag

I'll preface this post by saying, every hospital is different and usually provides a suggested list of items you need. I'd stick with that list - I nearly went insane reading all the lengthy lists on Pinterest. Does anyone actually think they NEED all that stuff?

We packed 2 bags, one for all three of us and one for the camera, chargers and devices. 



I also brought the My Brestfriend but left it in the car. The hospital pillows worked fine for breastfeeding. We did bring our own pillows. You just want that little familiar slice of home with you.

L&D Bag:

iPad (we didn't even use this but maybe if my labor had been longer)
iChargers (my battery was constantly drained from texts and photos)
Camera
Nurse Gifts (You want to do these - our nurses LOVED them, especially our L&D nurses who I'm pretty sure jumped up and down when I told them we had chocolate. Plus we adored our nurses and wanted to thank them on the spot.)


Overnight Bag:

Chris:
gym shorts
an extra t-shirt
undies 
a pull over (He was really glad to have the pull over - those rooms are chilly!)

Me:
undies (I ended up just using the mesh ones the hospital provided)
a nightgown
a robe
maternity yoga pants
a nursing bra
a nursing tank
a comfortable maternity dress for going home 
toiletries for both of us (for that first delicious shower)
lip balm (your lips will get dry!)

Zoey:
special going home onesie
a back-up onesie (in case she turned out to be a boy!)
socks
a blanket 
the car seat

The hospital provided everything else we needed.

We also brought an extra bag for the hospital "swag" - paperwork, booklets, postpartum stuff, extra diapers, wipes, etc. You'll come home with a lot more than you brought.



This is truly all you need and the less you have to unpack when you're exhausted and you've got a newborn at home, the better! 


Happy Packing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik

VigLink badge